Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Penelope
"Glamped" Up

Loft Bed

Sheets bought at a yard sale  $2.00
Red blanket bought at Dollar General on clearance  $3.00
Nantucket throw, from www.lakesidecollections.com $17.95
Nantucket pillows $9.95  Set of two...
Shelf for flat screen TV was added by the previous owner,
I added the 2 green striped placemats from Walmart  $2.00 each
The basket came from Hobby Lobby  $2.00
The cross from Hobby Lobby   $4.00
Picture frame (Hallmark) from yard sale  $1.00
(still need to insert a picture of us!)
The little metal crafted dog came from inside my house,
it reminds me of my Kate!


"Always" sign from Kirklands  $6.99
Hanging basket from yard sale  .25 cents
Vintage 1965 Indiana trailer license plate
was a gift from the same friend that sent me the link
for Penelope!  Perfect!  Green too!
All items were hung with Command Velcro picture hangers
to prevent damage to the walls.

More Decor....Keep Calm sign from Kirkland's  $9.99


Kohler's pig (printed from internet with free
photo prints from CVS)  in a frame from my house
Metal star from home too!
The flying pig I purchased from http://www.patinastores.com/ $4.95
I attached all pieces to the top of the microwave with Command
Poster Hangers, that I cut to fit!  No moving here!


Woo Hoo! decor from Lakeside Collections also $4.95
Vintage frame with  "50's Club" quote came from one of my 
dearest friends (one of the friends that thinks I've lost my mind..)


Other end of the camper...
Another red blanket from Dollar General,
and another throw from Lakeside
Still need to purchase another set of sheets for this bed
The free standing air conditioner was purchased
by the previous owner....he devised a set up
to strap it in so it would not move during travel
(I did not unhook it for the pic)
I would like to add a floating shelf about 6" deep
above the sofa....for more glamping!
Also, I have not made my pillows yet from my
previously found yard sale pillow forms....I will
probably move these 3 pillows to the bed, and put the 
new pillows here....6 total!


Kitchen area of the camper....


Another frame from the house, with a print out
from the internet with a free print from CVS
And, of course her signage bearing her name!



Set of 4 hand towels from Sam's Club $9.99
I do not recall where I bought the Friends towel,
but it's perfect.....the metal sign decor was purchased
at Hobby Lobby on a 50% off sale....$9.99
Coca Cola paper towel holder will most likely hold paper towels...
I will purchase a magnetic towel rack for the towels to 
put on the front of the frig!


2 Zinc lidded vintage canning jars.... $1.00 each
Wire holder from Walmart.... $5.99

Egg sign from Kirkland's sale......$7.99
Cutting board from Walmart  $5.99
(hung with 2 Command hooks)

Decorative Honey Dipper from the same friend
that gave me the license plate........so cute!



Sink that is awaiting it's new faucet and LP hot water heater!
Green tea pot and plate....yard sale again....$3.00 for the 
tea pot......50 cents for the plate!


Organizing drawer baskets....yardsale and Walmart
2 Throw rugs from Rural King....$3.99 each


We had our first "catastrophy"....
our rear window leaks!
We had some pretty heavy rain here over the last two
days.....when I discovered the leak (which we knew about previously, the previous owner informed us)
I put plastic wrap and a micro fiber cloth in the window
while I was at work....I checked it when I got home...
needless to say, I was stunned at how much water was on the plastic wrap and in the micro fiber cloth!
I nearly panicked!
This pic really does not show how WET the wood had gotten....



This one window is a sliding type window, 
it has a gasket on the right side which is stationary,
well....part of the gasket was missing, and another part did
not meet in the corner.....
I caulked the areas....
I will keep a very close eye on the window!  
Leakage like this could be the end of a beautiful
camper if left unattended!  
Which will not happen!  Nope!

Close up view of the gasket after caulking....


If this does not take care of the problem....
then.....I will be looking to replace the window,
which would be a shame.....it's original and works well.
The remainder of the windows are crank out louvers...
they do not leak one drop!  Yay!


Well, that's all for tonight.....
I will blog again on how the plumbing and hot
water heater install go........
hopefully they'll go off without a hitch!


Remember,

(Maybe I will buy the canoe next!) 
;)














No comments:

Post a Comment